Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Due Date

Yesterday was Ella's due date. She was born at 34 weeks. It amazes me everyday that God created this tiny baby and he gave us the privilege to be her parents. I remember the day I received the call about her birthmom going to the hospital to get monitored. I was picking up Corbin from MDO and praying to God to let this be the day Ella is born. Even though she will be early please let her be okay. I just wanted the roller coaster of emotions to be over. The constant worry that her birthmom might change her mind. Now that I think back that was a very selfish prayer on my part. God answered our prayers about her being born that day and being okay. She came out screaming. God did not stop there. Every little prayer that we asked he gave. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22 NIV). For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:8 NIV)
I prayed that I could still be in the delivery room and I was able to. I prayed to be able to cut the umbilical cord, and I did. I prayed about being able to stay at the hospital, and we got to for 3 nights. I prayed for Ella to be in our room some, and she was. These might seem like little things, but God answered them all. He is amazing.

She will be 4 weeks tomorrow. I am going stir crazy being in this house with a very energetic 4 year old. I hope I can make it another 2 weeks.

1 comment: